Thursday, February 11, 2010

From The Heart

Valentine's day is right around the corner. How do I love the? Let me count thy ways... How I love this day, a day known for extra sweet I love you's! The goal of Valentine's day is sharing and caring and showing your love.
I love receiving gifts and giving gifts, but more than that just showing my love towards my special love of my life and also to my dear children.  I do show my love and affection toward my family everyday and all year round. This is just a special day set aside to do special things for your sweetheart. And who can not enjoy special " I love you's"?
Gifts from the heart are my favorite gifts both to give and to receive. I do enjoy flowers, and tangible gifts, but I would take gifts from the heart anytime over store bought gifts. Some that I have received have been , a tilled garden, planted roses, a homemade dinner and/or breakfast, a nice walk together, homemade cards and poems,  etc... last year Stephanie and Nick gave me a homemade gift of coupons to use. The coupons consisted of things like "Toes painted today" and " A dinner for two made by me", needless to say I loved and enjoyed this creative gift.
This year Stephanie, my daughter, has already gave me a ticket to have a night at the movies with my husband and she will babysit! I will be sure to use this!
As much as I enjoy receiving these special gifts from the heart from my children and from my husband, I really enjoy giving gifts from my heart to them. Some fun ones to do is breakfast with heart pancakes or french toast with strawberries, my husband enjoys head to toe massages, and really as a mom there are so many to do ! Some other fun ones I have done are cookie making and family decorating, have a root beer float night with a family movie, leave sweet notes around, and the list goes on just use your creative imagination!

Treat and do special loving things this month for your loved ones and brighten up their world with sweet words and acts of  kindness! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment